Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Student Assignment of J1 and F1 International/Foreign Students

    It is the practice of the Seattle Public Schools to admit as a student any person, regardless of national origin or citizenship, upon documentation that the student or parent/guardian resides within the boundaries of the Seattle Public Schools district. Please review the policy and procedure for International Student Exchange.

    All F-1/J-1 students must first register online to be considered for acceptance to the district. Please do not email paperwork to the DSO prior to this step. You may upload the following forms to the student's online registration form: host family proof of address, photo ID and Host Family form, student data, and transcripts. Rainier Beach, Franklin, West Seattle, and Chief Sealth International High School are the only high schools open for 2018-19 registration. All other high schools are currently closed due to capacity for entry.  There will be no exceptions, due to capacity.

    Seattle Public Schools is no longer accepting third-party or direct placement host families in our F-1/J-1 visa student program.  Students and/or families must go through a student exchange agency in order to be considered for admission to Seattle Public Schools.  

    Seattle Public Schools will not provide legal advice to families on immigration related issues.  Please see the I-20 document and F1 brochure for the process and requirements to apply for F-1 visa status, and registration information for international students to attend a Seattle Public Schools high school.

    F1 Student New Tuition Rates

    $12,400 - One Academic Year
    $6,200 - One Semester

    For more information about our international programs please contact the DSO - Daniel Dunn at (206)252-0345 or at 

    Contact Us

    For more information, please contact:
    Daniel Dunn
    DSO International Programs

    Application Documents

  • Click here for English
  • Click here for Spanish
  • Click here for Vietnamese
  • Click here for Chinese
  • Admission Form
    CIS Form
    Authority and Responsibility for a minor student form

    Check out the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website for information on studying in the U.S.: