Call 2-1-1 for support finding local resources and organizations that will suit your needs.
FamilyWorks will also have a resource center at Nathan Hale on Wednesdays from 12:45-3:00. Located on the south side of the building, by the food distribution site. Somali and Spanish translators available. Help with:
- Applying for King County Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance lottery program
- Basic Food application assistance
- Free Diaper Program
- Referrals to WIC, Health Insurance and Mental Health Resources
- And more!
- Coyote North: offering online enrichment classes for students
- Free Online Tutoring with a Seattle Public Library card
- SPS Food Sites: Nathan Hale, Olympic Hills, and Cedar Park. Mon-Fri 11:15-1:15.
- Food Lifeline: 206-545-6600. North Seattle College 9600 College Way N, Seattle 98103 (enter on NE 95th St.). Pickup time and location may change weekly.
- North Helpline: 12736 33rd Ave NE, Seattle 98125. Food box pickup: Wed 10-1, Thurs 4:30-6:30, Sat 10-1. For Delivery, leave a message at 206-367-3477.
- U District Food Bank: 5017 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle 98105. Food box pickup: Mon 9-3, Tues 11-8, Thurs 11-8, Fri 9-4, Sat 9-12. For delivery, leave a message at 206-523-7060.
- United Way Food Bank: To request a food box, fill out this online form or call 833-540-0800 Mon-Fri 11-4.
Baby Care Products:
- EBC Northshore: 6524 NE 181st St, Site 6, Kenmore 98028. 425-209-1136.
No-cost Metro, Sound Transit passes available for people with very low incomes– To sign up, reach the Department of Social and Health Services at 877-501-2233 or Public Health – Seattle & King County at 800-756-5437.
Mental Health Services:
- Sound Mental Health
- Consejo Counseling Services
- ACRS (Asian Counseling and Referral Service)
- You Grow Girl
- Cowitz Tribal Health Services
- Teen LINK or call 1-866-833-6546
- St. Vincent de Paul: Clothing, household items
- Transform Burien: Meals/food, clothing, laundry, showers, medical/dental
- United Way Rental Support
- El Centro de la Raza
- Catholic Community Services
Mental Health and Wellness Resources for Extra Support:
- Article with info and resources about mental wellness for POC
- Liberate Meditation App: meditation resources by and for the Black community
- Seattle Area Resources (scroll to "Local Community Resources")
- The Racial Healing Handbook
- UCSC Article on coping with racism
- Good Therapy Article on compassion fatigue
Local Organizations and Community Groups:
- Seattle LGBTQ Youth Resource Guide
- American Civil Liberties Union Washington
- Campaign Zero
- American Friends Service Committee: develops youth leadership for social change
- Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Youth Undoing Institutional Racism
- Washington Community Action Network
- National Organization for Women Seattle
- OneAmerica: immigrant and refugee advocacy
- Ingersoll Gender Center: by and for transgender and gender nonconforming communities
- GLSEN: championing LGBTQ issues in K-12 education
- Gay City: LGBTQ center
- Equal Rights Washington
- Washington State Commission on African American Affairs
- Solid Ground